Wednesday 29 January 2014

Main interest in films

I enjoy watching a wide variety of cinematic films including Independent films, Cult films, and Hollywood establishments of famous novels. I find that the films that have the biggest impact on me are the ones that strike me as well written and that have incredible directors behind them.
Some of my overall favourite films would be 'Thirteen' directed by Catherine Hardwicke, 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind' directed by Michel Gondry, and 'We Need To Talk About Kevin' directed by Lynne Ramsay. All three of these films are successful productions that achieved high status.
I do believe that all three films, as well as other films that share similar qualities, would inspire me whilst creating my own work. The use of colour throughout these films are a constant representation of themes and emotion. I admire a directors eye for detail whilst making sure that colour is representative through out their creative productions.
Some films that inspire me for story writing are 'Heathers' directed by Michael Lehmann, 'Lost In Translation' directed by Sofia Coppola, and 'Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist' directed by Peter Sollett. With 'LIT' and 'NANIP' I am drawn to the romance elements that are portrayed throughout the narrative, and with 'Heathers' I take note in the cult status they built through the use of original comedy and style.
I admire many other films in the industry which I receive great pleasure from watching such as 'Mean Girls', 'Jawbreaker' and 'Teeth', where as I would not necessarily link them in with my inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment